Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
For your viewing pleasure!

The Perfect Play 
Play by Play #1
by Jaci Burton 
Trade Paperback, 336 pages
Published February 1st 2011 by Berkley Heat
ISBN 0425238814
The last thing event planner Tara Lincoln needs is the jet-set lifestyle of a football pro like Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand proved that Mick is an all-star-both on the field and in the bedroom. Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a certified heartbreaker. But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind to catch this sultry vixen.

My Thoughts:
Jaci Burton delivers a riveting tale of absolute perfection in The Perfect Play; with a romance so captivating it will steal your breath!

Mick Riley is the star quarterback of the San Francisco Sabers but at the age of thirty he is starting to feel the strain and must work twice as hard to keep in the game. Never having to chase a woman though, Mick is intrigued when Tara Lincoln shows up. Seemingly uninterested in his star status, Mick turns on the charm and finds more than just a beautiful woman under the surface but someone he can have an actual conversation with, not like the other women constantly being thrown his way. After a wild night in his hotel suite Mick wants more, lots more, but he must convince Tara that the passion they shared deserves more than just one night.

Being a young single mom with a difficult past and a new small business, Tara Lincoln doesn’t have time for a relationship. Her son, Nathan, and her career come first and leave little time for anything else so when NFL player Mick Riley hits on her at the team party her company organized Tara sees nothing more than a fun one night stand. But when Mick comes back for more and won’t take no for an answer, Tara can’t refuse.

Losing their selves in the summer and the off season, Mick and Tara are just having a good time. When feelings start to deepen though and their relationship turns serious, can Tara trust and depend on him when so many have let her down in the past?  And can Mick come to terms with his feelings for Tara and reveal his past, or will she run when Tara finds that Mick’s perfect veneer hides a painful secret?

This is my first read from author Jaci Burton and I am proud to say that after reading this, I am her newest stalker. J The Perfect Play has been on my TBR list for a while now, long before its release, when the cover was first revealed. I mean, can you say drool worthy or what? This my friends was not a cover to be regulated to my Nook, no, it was a cover to be licked *ahem* I mean looked at up close and in person. So after a rather embarrassing, and now laughable, incident in the book store with my two young children I finally purchased The Perfect Play and being a cover hussy has never paid off as much as it has with this stellar novel! The only words I could spit out of my mouth after reading this was ‘Wow’ and it has taken me almost two months and a re-read to get an intelligible review out, it was that damn good.

Mick Riley is perfect in every. Single. Way. I mean seriously ladies: 1. Sexy as hell. 2. Driven. 3. Rich. 4. Star quarterback – hello! 5. Good with kids. 6. Understanding 7. Everything you could wish for between the sheets. 8. Protective. 9. Smart. I can go on but let me just say that he is your fantasy of the perfect male come true. And Jaci Burton has created his character in such a masterful way you aren’t rolling your eyes at his perfection, you’re swooning over it! 
Tara is quite plainly a woman to admire; rising from practically the streets and becoming a successful business woman and a wonderful mother purely on her own ambition and determination.

The plot was emotional and highly erotic, only emphasizing my total inability to put this book down. The main character’s, Mick and Tara’s, passion is palpable in each scene together, leading to mind blowing love scenes that will leave you weak in the knees and panting for more. I was enthralled by their relationship and character development; laughing at their witty banter, my heart breaking with their struggles and fist pumping the air when they finally got it right. The secondary characters of Tara’s friends and Mick’s family added a fabulous dimension to the story, each capturing a bit of my heart and I cannot wait to see more of them in future installments. Jaci Burton has woven deep and rich characters along with the world built around them, giving readers a swift moving plot that never allows for a lull in the story and is relatable to readers.

The Perfect Play has earned a Best of 2011 spot here and is a must read that I will be recommending to anyone and everyone I encounter and raving about for a long time to come! Fun, exciting, romantic and sexy as all get outl; this book had everything I was looking for and more! Seriously though; you want this book, you need this book, you must have this book. Now go forth my book loving friends and purchase it today!

Note: This is an erotic romance consisting of scorching five-alarm-fire love scenes that will have you sweating and in need of a cold shower. 


Rating: 5 Wine Glasses - Absolute Perfection!

Purchase at: icon
Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. HOT!!!! Definitely adding this one to my TBR list!!! Luv erotic romances!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I have seen this book before but just thought it was a pretty cover. After reading your review I am definitely adding it into my list because it sounds REALLY good.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review, I also added this to my list before it came out cos the AMAZING cover! But I still haven't read it, I think I am going to have to remove it from its frame on my wall and actually read it : D

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is at the top of my TBR list because of all the glowing reviews its received. Really looking forward to delving into it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Due to time constraints we may not be able to personally respond to every comment made, but we do read and appreciate them all. 📚❤️🙂

✋ RBtWBC has a zero-tolerance policy for review harassment and author bashing. Such comments will be deleted at the the blog's discretion.